Total Pageviews

Thursday 28 June 2012

Facebook Shenanigans


Being realistic, my feelings towards my own breasts is more wishful thinking than anything else, as it will probably take a year before any sure signs appear. But I like them.
We bought a new desktop computer at the beginning of the year, because the one Jay uses died. It gave out a few warning signs so I backed all the important docs and pics onto an external hard drive. The new machine uses Windows 7 Professional, which I don’t like. None of my software works, and it didn’t come with an email reader, you have to buy one at £100s. I had just got it all running, when the operating system went bonkers and wouldn’t start. With the aid of some info on the net and my tame IBM pal, I got it going. But I had some fun with Facebook.
Facebook, bless their hearts, will only let one account use your mobile phone, so when I added my girlie account to my phone, it dumped Jays, and told her so! “Don’t worry” I said, “it’s probably a software glitch”.
Somewhere along the line, I decided to join Facebook as my male self, not thinking there would be a problem. So their I am, getting Jay’s machine Facebook enabled, and the first person it shows Jay as a possible friend is Anna. Jay’s not very tolerant where computers are concerned, and she doesn’t appreciate the ‘help’ they try to give her. She doesn’t want friends apart from the few relations she plays scrabble with – her reason being, that they develop lots of ‘naff’ postings on her page that she has no interest in. I told her it was probably a friend of a friend of friend, that the useless software had turned up. Needless to say, when she wasn’t looking, I put Anna into the ‘block and don’t mention her ever again’ list.
I guess the software found Anna in my Andy mail list and thought it was a good idea to introduce her to Jay – NOOooo.
The next fun thing was a lovely visit from my lovely daughter. She decided to introduce Jay to a new game – Drawsomething by OMGsoftware – it is lots of fun, just like pictionary but you need an iPhone. Being a lovely girl, I put it in on my phone for her (I think she needs a serious birthday present – LoL) and it has been lots of fun watching the pics go back and forwards between her opponents. She has four, son and daughter and partners. I didn’t realise that Drawsomething could be a spectator sport, but it is. The only problem being, it uses Facebook for it’s login, and I had the Facebook app for my girlie account – needless to say, I have disabled it for now, and the program has to go to Facebook via Safari or 3G or whatever.
It is fun having a boy Facebook account, as I’ve connected to all the family across the globe. It’s nice seeing all the family pics of birthdays etc. I had just better not let a link show between them and Anna. OMG, you don’t suppose they get Anna on their hints page too do you. The answer has got to be yes I guess. I have put my photos out of reach of the public, as I didn’t want Jay getting nosey one day, so hopefully, I am still incognito to casual browsers. Sometimes technology can be too clever for our own good.
Hugs, Anna x

No comments:

Post a Comment