Total Pageviews

Thursday 20 August 2009

Disguising that Maleness or Passing or both

Since my last chat I have found the links to the subjects I mentioned in the last blog. I had to do a search on the Angels site, and so the links are quite long. I've included the links rather than cut and paste the text in defferrence to the original authors. I guess that means todays blog is going to look distinctly scruffy.

The post about hiding those manly characteristics was actually called "18 Ways to Disguise Maleness", and the bit on eyebrows goes like this.

Quote:
18. Bushy eyebrows This is covered elsewhere on the site but plucking your eyebrows can greatly improve passibility, especially if you have a pair of Dennis Healey, woolly-bear caterpillars above your orbits. Always pluck from the bottom, pluck gradually and try not to get carried away. A visit to a professional beautician is a good idea at first, just to get the style that suits. You can buy eyebrow shaping kits from highstreet chemists but I've never actually tried them out.
Unquote.

The full text for this post is at:- http://www.angelsforum.co.uk/phpforum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=37&p=81&hilit=maleness#p81

"Oh bother", I thought on reading the paragraph, "Now I've got to find more eyebrows!", so I went looking for them, and I quickly found a better bit on the hairy things in a post called "Tips on Passing" That one goes like this.

Quote:
Eyebrows Pay attention to eyebrows - if you can't pluck them into a reasonable shape then you can conceal them and draw new ones. To conceal eyebrows, paint the brows against the direction of growth with a theatrical make-up adhesive and when it is tacky, press down. Next, smooth over the eyebrow with Kryolan Eyebrow Plastic (from Charles Fox) and use a sponge to apply a thin layer of Lashfix colourless eyelash adhesive on top (this forms a "skin" which provides a good base for foundation). Use a very soft eyebrow pencil to draw new brows and try to be realisitic! This takes a bit of practice but the results can be excellent.
Unquote.

The full text for this post is at:-
http://www.angelsforum.co.uk/phpforum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=35&p=79&hilit=eyebrows#p79
 
There are lots of interesting bits and pieces in those links, and you don't have to register with Angels to read them - don't you get miffed when you see a link to a very interesting blog etc, and when you get there, you have to register with another flipping site to read it? I guess it's the way the blogs have been set up - but I've joined enough sites already - I don't need any more. If your blog is not for public access, I'm not interested - unless of course it is on one of the 3 sites I'm registered with already.

Happy blogging and surfing, Anna.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment